Reiterhof Rohrmoser: Excursion to the farm
Welcome to the horse farm!
With great pleasure we welcome our little guests at the farm. Through the project School on the Farm we can offer schools and kindergartens an insight into everyday life on the farm. In a wide variety of activities, in keeping with the season, we give the children a real farm atmosphere. But it is not only for young children that a farm excursion offers a varied program; we also offer exciting and varied farm days for high school students.
Learning on the farm works like this:
We are a school that is not a school as you know it. The school building is the outdoors, the classroom is the meadow, the forest and the stable building. Our teachers are the plants, the animals and the people who live on the farm.
Pedagogical farm agriculture
- Organic farming
- Suckler cow husbandry
- Fruit growing (orchard)
- Animals on the farm: cows and calves, pig, cats
The farmer’s wife, who is also a trained kindergarten teacher, takes care of the guidance and all other offers. Special pedagogical aspects are also taken into account and agricultural knowledge is imparted to the children in a playful way, which is certainly a special feature. A school trip to the farm can consist of the following program items:
- From apple core to apple juice (harvesting and processing fruit, juice, jam)
- Anything that can grow (observe, harvest, utilize plants of various vegetables or flowers).
- Forest and meadow experience (what can you find in the field, forest and meadow, collecting herbs, etc.)
- Milk processing: we make a yogurt, curd spread, cream cheese and taste different things
- From the tuber to potato salad, planting, harvesting and using potatoes
- Stable visit (helping with stable work, feeding calves, etc.)
We are already looking forward to welcoming you for your next farm excursion at our Rohrmoser horse farm. Write to us and we will be happy to arrange an appointment.