Reiterhof: field trip to the farm
Welcome to the Reiterhof!
We welcome our little guests to the farm with great joy. The project “School on the Farm” allows us to grant schools and kindergartens insights into everyday farm life. Through various activities, we convey lived farm atmosphere to children according to the season. It’s not just young children that get to look forward to a diverse itinerary during a field trip to the farm, we also offer exciting and multifaceted farm days to students of upper classes.
How farm education works:
- Organic farming
- Mother cow keeping
- Fruit-growing (fruit garden)
- Farm animals: cows and calves, pig, cats
The farmer’s wife, who is also a trained kindergarten teacher, is in charge of the guided tour and all other offers. Special pedagogic aspects are also considered, we convey agricultural knowledge to children in a playful way, which certainly is a peculiarity. A school trip to the farm can include the following agenda topics:
- From apple seed to apple seed (farming and processing fruit, juice, marmalade)
- Everything that can grow (observing, farming, processing plants of various vegetables or flowers)
- Forest and meadow experience (everything that can be found in fields, forests and meadows, collecting herbs etc.)
- Milk processing: we will make yoghurt, curd cheese spread, cream cheese and taste various products
- From tuber to potato salad; dibbling, farming and processing potatoes
- Stable viewing (assisting in stable work, feeding calves etc.)
We are looking forward to welcoming you on our Reiterhof farm, owned by the Rohrmoser family. Write us and we will gladly set an appointment.